Veneers are an ideal solution for people looking for a smile makeover. Made of porcelain, veneers are a very thin painless treatment to achieve permanently aligned whiter teeth. Veneers are bonded to the front of the teeth, changing their color, shape, size, or length. Veneers can even be placed over existing crowns or bridgework transforming teeth into a natural looking smile.
To place veneers, a cosmetic dentist has to reduce the outer surface of your teeth by 0.5mm to 0.75 mm to create space for the veneer. In some cases, tooth contouring may be necessary, but to a small extent.
Dental veneers can correct a wide variety of dental conditions. These can include:
- Tooth discoloration
- Gaps between the teeth
- Stained teeth
- Worn out teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Discolored crowns or bridges.
Advantages of veneers
- They look like a natural tooth.
- Dental veneers require little enamel removal.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- Veneers can increase confidence in your smile.
- Veneers require little maintenance.
- Colors can be selected to make teeth appear whiter or darker.
- They are durable.
Veneers can last between 7 to 5 years and are maintained like regular teeth, with regular brushing and flossing.
Now you can get the smile you’ve always wanted. Thousands of people around the world who want to look and feel better about themselves are choosing to correct their smiles with veneers.